What I see and what I think about it.

Thursday 7 February 2008

FHBH

I went to the midwife today and took Martha with me. She is really getting to grips with the fact that there is a baby in my tummy, even though she can't see it. She said to the midwife today "when the baby gets big, then "pop" it comes out a hole!!" She replied (with a large smile): "yes, that is exactly what happens!"
After checking my wee and my blood pressure (both fine - amazing how relaxed you get about everything on the 3rd time round. Here I am mentioning wee for the whole internet to read!) We came to the reason that Martha and I were both there.... to listen to the baby.
The midwife found the heart beat with no problems and Martha and I listened transfixed to the gentle thud, thud, thud, thud. It was amazing and Martha stood dead still, just listening (a real feat for her, especially when she is excited). S/he is in there, growing away... very cool.

Then there was just time for the midwife to write my notes. FHBH - Fetal Heart Beat Heard.

The best four letters in the world

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aah! Clever Martha, taking it all in. She's amazing!