What I see and what I think about it.

Friday 7 March 2008

"Under construction"

I am wearing the first ever maternity top I bought today. It is red and has "under construction" written on it with little arrow pointing at the bump. I don't normally like clothes with things written on. I have huge problems finding t-shirts for the girls without stuff written on them. And I will not buy them ones provocative and sexualising things written on. Anyway.... on this occasion I think it fits. Not just that there is a baby slowly and quietly growing away inside me but that I too am under construction. I am not yet a finished product. There is some way to go. On some days there is a long way to go. The good news is that God isn't finished with me yet. He is willing to go the distance. He has a plan for my completion and He will see it through. I find it very comforting to know that although I am far from perfect one day I will be. It will most probably be in heaven, but I will get there. So all this striving and trying to get things right, have the right attitudes, be kind and loving, is not in vain. There is a reason for it all.

I also need to remember this with everyone I meet, be it a stranger or a friend or my husband and children. We are all under construction. We aren't done yet. And we need to help each other, encourage each other in this journey. I need to remember this and have patience and mercy. To remember that I cannot demand perfection from others when I am still on that journey too. Only God can and does demand that we are perfect. And being God He knew we couldn't do it. So He became Jesus and died for our wrongdoing so we could be perfect. He demands the impossible and makes it possible.

So the next time you are cross with me for being an idiot, please read the T-shirt, remember that I am “under construction” and be patient. Thanks.

No comments: